Monday, September 12, 2016

Testin' a ol' wifes tale

We'd nefur heared 'bout it. Da Tabbies O' Trout Towne tawked a while back 'bout when the cows lay down, it's gonna rain.
So when our cows wuz layin' down this mornin', I tol' Mommy to get out there an' take a piccie.

Nice, sunny mornin!

Gotta test out this deal.

Yu no whut? The rumors are true!

Later today, it thunnered an' lightened an' rained a bunch!
Sorry, no piccies o' the big storm. I wuz gettin' my Thunnershirt putted on an tryin not to be a nurvus reck!
The cows ain't still layin' out there. They moved long afore the storm came up.
Wunner if they make cow sized Thunnershirts.

11 comments:

  1. Da cows sound like better forecasters dan da ones on da tee vee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cows are furry smart! We need to give them a real job. They can tell the wind direction too...mostly they lay all in the same direction as the wind.that is with the wind in their backside...so they don't get windy things blown in their faces I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had not heard that one before. interesting
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, whadya know??? I's seen cows layin' down here in Texas, in da shade... and I thought they wuz jest takin' a nap...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNEW it...it are TRUE!!!!
    Those cows nose a thingy or two about the weather
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom said she always heard when cows are laying down the fish aren't biting.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  7. zoe.....most times cowz make better weatherz fore casterz than due de peepulz on de tee & vee....hope everee onez doin sooper grate ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'd always heard about that with cows. Great to know it's true. Good to hear from you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had never heard of that tale. I think we need to get a cow in my backyard so I know if it is going to rain.

    ReplyDelete