Friday, September 16, 2016

Car rides are gettin' better

I don't really like car rides. They always wind up with me at the groomer/torture place or wurse, the V E T. Ugh! But I went on a couple rides an' we dint go to any bad places.

Lemme tell yu bout it.
We live in a place that yu can go for a ways an' be in sum mountains or yu can go in the uther direction an be in the desert places. I dint go to the real deal desert places but to sum ruins.

This place wuz in the mountains.
Yeah, I no. Not much to see. There wuz hunter peepoles all ofur the place an it wuz kinda muddy. So we dint get to wawk much. This is us affer a quik potty break, refillin the tank. If yu look careful thru the winnows, yu will see the aspen trees that wuz growin all ofur the place. We went past a place called Groundhog Res-ee-vor. I dint see nun. Groundhogs, that is. Just peepoles fishin an boats an a lil store that sold Al Co Hawl.
We efun drove rite past the vet lady place! That wuz skeery. But we dint stop! We jus' kept on goin.

Then anuther day we went on a nuther shorter road trip. To sum ol' ruins builded a long time ago by sum peepoles we call the Ancestral Puebloans. Yu mite have heard them called Anazasi, but I guess they changed their name. Anywho, with a lil bit of reno, they built this place. Lowry Ruins
This is a kiva. Those 2 deals on the bottom are Summer and Winter peepole

We wawked round. It wuz hot that day so our tungs wuz hangin out. Don't wurry, we had water an a snack when we got back to the S Caw Pay in the parkin lot.




Daddy went thru that lil doorway thingy. We wuz frettin 'bout him.

But then we got to go in too. It wuz dark an cool inside. Sorry fotografer dint get a good shot ov us comin out.

'Member that Sleepin Ute Mountain that I can see frum my front yard? This is it agin, only frum the west side. He don't look the same frum this side.

These are the Blue (or Abajo) Mountains in Utah. Not too far away.




Here is Me an Tux takin a shade break. Looky our long tungs!


We wuz happy to have a drink an snack affer that 8 hunnerd mile wawk in the hot sun.

If I go anyplace else innerestin, I'll try to git sum gud piccies to show yu.

Here's the La Plata mountains. They are ofur there to the east o' my place!

I don't no who lives in that house. Mommy needs to learn to "crop".


16 comments:

  1. We went on a long car ride that didn't end up at the vet or groomers too! We went from San Diego California to King George Virginia! In three days! Needless to say we were tired of the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 days!?! That's Way too long! I hope yu got to stop fur potty breaks an' snacks!

      Delete
  2. that looked like a pretty fun adventure Zoe. I am going with the peeps to Utah tomorrow. Bailey & Hazel will stay home. Mom says we have to leave at the crack of dawn - what??
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as yu don't have to drive, it'll be fine leavin that early o'clock. Yu can jus snooze.

      Delete
  3. That was fun to vicariously go on a road trip or two with you and Tux, Zoe! Those long tongues...the petcretary says I have one of those too, but I don't often show it off, BOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mommy wunners where are tungs are when we don't have 'em hangin out! Bol!

      Delete
  4. Ya know, there's nothin' that makes you feel better than drivin' PAST the Vets! What a great place to go...bet there were a gazillion old and new scents to investigate. SHE would have loved to go there. Bella hates ridin' in the car. She always stays on the floor behind the front seats...bwahaahaa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I usually try to dig out of the floor. Nefur wurks.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you got to go on some nice car trips. What great sites! Thanks for all the pictures.

    I still have a problem with riding in the car. But since Joey dog left for the Rainbow Bridge, I don't like being left home alone either. So I'd better work on enjoying car rides if I don't want to get stuck at home all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neither uv us like to be "home alone" either. No fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looked like a fun road trip. Do you know the best way to end a fun road trip? Stop at a magic window place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They dint efun no where they wuz when we wuz comin home! We wuz on the back roads an they both sed "hey, we're on Road 21" at the same time.
      They are pathetic. They prolly cudn't Find a Majic Winnow if their lives depended on it! Bol!

      Delete
  8. I agree about the car rides to the VETman Zoe...that are no funs butts I LUFFS car rides, you get to go all sorts of exciting sniffable places AND wiv a bit of luck you get EXTRA treats there as well. Don't furget to remind your Peeps about the EXTRA treat thingy on your next roadtrip!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xtra treats sound like a Super Duper idea Anytime!

      Delete
  9. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Wow, an adventure! I don't like Car either, even though it goes fun places. It makes me feel sick, and Cobi always hogs all the space. Long drives are no fun. So I send you much sympathy for your Car ride. It looks like you had some fun exploring on the other end though! Were there lots of pawesome things to sniff??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ojo! Did yu see? I gots me sum inner nets so now I can surf all the time! I'm sorry yu get the car ride sickness. I jus' get nurvus. Tux is all, like, chill once we get goin.
      He's weird.

      Delete