Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thunder Terrifies Timid Tux

That title up there? Sounds like a newpaper headline or sumfin. It's not. But it is sumfin where all the wurds start with the same sound. Al-it-ur-ration is whut that's called. I no this on account o' because I wuz 'round here when my skin bro an sis lived here like a day or year ago. They wuz always messin with the wurds. Rhymes an stuff.
It wuz like livin in a Dr. Seuss book or sumfin.
So I guess that kinda rubbed off on me an my doggy bloggy thingy.
Anywho, all that to tell yu 'bout las nite.

Lemme tell yu bout it.
It wuz a nice day yesserday so I tol' Mommy she better get out there an trim an mow the yard while it wuz nice. So she did jus that. An now she is glad she did jus that cuz las night we had us a big ol' storm. It started gettin cloudy an dark. Thunder wuz happenin off ofur there. Mommy got the chickies an garage cats tucked in. Jus in time cuz it started rainin bout then.
We came in. Tux got nervus. He got real Velcro with Mommy. He wuz rite nex to her where efur she went.
A BIG crack o' thunder happened. It musta been rite ofur there, it wuz That loud.
Mommy kept tellin Tux is wuz ok, clam down, b cool.
Dint wurk.
We went to bed. Now Tux usually sleeps on a doggy bed in our livin room but since Daddy has been away (he's still gone, home nex week) Tux has been hangin out in our bedroom. Las nite with the storm goin on, he wuz breathin on Mommy, he wuz that close. Mommy plugged in her Scent Ball with lavender 'ssential oil to help us all clam down an sleep. Wurked fur me an Mommy. Not so much for Tux. He wannered round an mostly breathed on Mommy. He wuz lickin his lickin his lips. Then SamCat came round to buddy up with Tux. He wuz happy an purrin an roamin round the bed.
Sure wuz a ruff night fur Tux.

One good thing: the lectricity nefur wented out durin the storm.
It did blink off this mornin. Yu no, blue sky makes that happen. :-/
Tux is kinda tired out today.

On a side note.
The mushy rooms looked more better a couple days ago but Mommy furgot to take a piccie. Isn't this called a fairy ring?

 I sure hope it's good luck to be inside a fairy ring, utherwise, we're doomed.

An here's whut our lil chickies look like now that they are bout 6 or 8 weeks old. No eggies yet, that happens when they are bout 5 months old.


They luv to get out in their chickie yard an scratch fur bugs an junk. Looks like they're in a jungle, huh? No, I can't get to them fur a sniff or taste. Boo.

I been havin whut the pros call "riter's blok". I am readin yur bloggies even if I'm not barkin a comment.
 Hey, maybe that big crack o' thunder las' nite will blast away the blok!

Pee S I am rite unner Mommy's chair as she types this fur me. She tol' me, "Zoe don't let any buddy tell yu yur toots don't stink."
Humph.


39 comments:

  1. I hear you Zoe, thank pup I don't smell you! Mom doesn't think we do anything egg citing enough to write about. So she reads us the posts everyday but will not take our dictation, we need to fire her.
    We really like your chicks and wouldn't mind a taste.
    Does Tux have a thunder shirt? Maybe you need to get him one or two or three.
    If nothin else Zoe, take a laxative fur the blockage. Just a thought.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But we Wanna hear frum yu Milton. That Mr. Stubbs gotta be keepin yu busy! We wanna hear bout evfurry notty thing he duz!

      Yeah, Mommy sez I need sum acid off fill us fur the stinkies.

      Delete
  2. You made a PHARRRRRT under your mom's Chair??? WE love doing that !!

    Sorry about that BAD LOUD THUNDER...
    Those Chicks look.... ummmmmmm ahhhhhhhh... GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A real stinky one guys! Usually my toots are oh-so-sweet smellin.
      Bol!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Don't they tho? That's why they live on the uther side of the fence.
      Durn it.

      Delete
  4. BOL! When I was a baby puppy, my momma nicknamed by Baby Saddam on counts of my farts being like gas bombs or somefin. She are a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mus' be eatin too many bugs outside. Sumfin givin me the bad toots.

      All our peepoles are weirdos Whit. Bol!

      Delete
  5. Poor Tux! We've had a few itty bitty storms with some thunder, but not to much! So far it hasn't bothered me any...but my Poppa has crazy sensative ears (for a human!) and put on noise canceling headphones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mommy wunnered if he would keep any earplugs in, but then they'd be way too lil.
      That one big loud crack wuz the loudest Mommy had efur heard an she is old.

      Delete
  6. We're supposed to get rain this weekend....but no thunder. How scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain most times is ok, huh? Sure can live without that loud thunder boomy stuff.

      Delete
  7. BOL!! We would have blamed our toots on those chickies!! Great blog, stopping by to say hello!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks fur stoppin by. I'm comin to check yu out too!

      Delete
  8. OMD Zoe last nights storm was bad wasn't it. Our power blinked too. Now it is rumbling again
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one wuz So loud, Mommy nearly messed her unnerwears!

      Delete
  9. I am with Tux, scared of thunder. I hear it before Mommy does. A couple of nights ago we had a storm and I woke Mommy up and made her lift me onto the bed. I just laid there and shook until it was over. We have looked at those thunder shirts and are thinking of trying them. You will have organic eggs from those chickens. I love eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh Jell, I wuda thot yu wuz brave durin storms. They don't bother me nun.
      Mommy looked at the Thundershirt website. They are guaranteed an they have free shippin. She should order one fur Tux. Hmm, sum peepoles wur sayin they wurk fur barkers. I don't want no stinkin Tshirt!

      Delete
    2. I am not brave. I run to Mommy and shake during thunder storms, big winds and fireworks. I even come running if a big banging truck comes down our street.

      Delete
    3. Well Pal, let's not tell anybuddy bout yu bein skeered of the loud noises. Yu'd loose yur "cred" at the kennel.

      Delete
  10. We gets some bad thunders here in da Tornado Alley... BOOM & FLASH OF LIGHTNIN' at da same time!! And us Westies? We sleeps right thru it... cuz we knows zombies don't like da thunders.... 'fraid of bein electromacuted!!
    Dose chiggens looks real yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the big storms don't bother me neether. We had one last nite. Tux wuz roamin round. He wuz sleepin on the floor on Mommy's side o' the bed this mornin.
      He's so weird.

      Delete
  11. You could teach Tux to do what I do when I hear thunder...I go and bark at it! Yup! I get so angry at it growlmy says its as if I am telling it to **** Off! OMD! BOL!

    Sometimes...only sometimes I woof, I have raised our ceiling to accommodate a stinky..........

    You have younger chickens than the Miss Red Hen who visits in my yard...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't bark at the thunder an stuff. It's bout the only thing I don't bark at! Bol!
      Is the lil Red Hen in yur yard long nuf to leave yu a nice eggie? Yu should go on a eggie hunt!

      Delete
    2. I think MissLRH might be, but haven't found any...yet.
      I chased her away yesterday! Don't do that much, but sheesh, she just was too tempting. Her wings saved her...

      Delete
  12. Poor Tux .....must be awful to be scared of thunder. Sounds like a very rough night for him. Hope he's ok now. You two looked fairy nice sitting in that fairy ring, aye?? Toots, Zoe????? We call 'em fluffs. I'm the best fluffer in the world and even I don't like to smell 'em. I look around at my rear end with a puzzled look on my face when I do one.
    You gotta keep writin' Zoe ...... riter's blok or not. You mightn't think you're interesting but I sure do. I love to hear EVERYTHING about you and Tux and the garage blokes and everything and that Puffy cat bloke. He's good value. AND pictures Zoe. If you can't write pictures will do. You know the ones I wanna see!! Just some pictures will do.
    Oh ..... I saw those chooks ..... can't you dig your way in to 'em????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Piccies!? That's wurs than ritin Charlie! Same o, sam o round here.
      An as far as diggin to the chooks, there's big rocks between me an them. boo

      Delete
  13. I hide behind the sofa. Peeps will move it out a tad and let me snuggle down in my safety zone. She just leaves me to it. We had a few this Summer. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Moly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good safe spot fur yu Molly. Tux jus gotta be nex to Mommy, if Mommy is touchin him it's even better.
      He's jus too weird.

      Delete
  14. Maybe you got the gas cause you were kinda scared, too? I get gas and toot a lot when I'm nervous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw Fizzy, I wuzn't nervus. The storms an firewurks an stuff don't bother me.
      I do like to hunt those bugs outside. Those big cream filled ones is really good. Too many bugs gives me the toots.

      Delete
  15. We sure are scared of those thunder boomers too. Glad we rarely get them here
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours mostly happen at nite time. Or at least, that's when the Real loud ones happen.
      Innerupts my beauty sleep.

      Delete
  16. guys...ya noe....iz we see in BURD heer two day.....ore iz it just uz... havin a nite mares..... in de broad day lite???

    happee week oh end…heerz ta yellowbanded perch in everee bowl ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Tabbies. Can yu believe it? Sum peepoles axfurly Like burds?

      Jus' pretend the chickens are uh, Parrot Fish. Sure, that shood wurk.

      Delete
  17. That was a great headline!! We would use it for The Daily Bone! Isn't it funny how some doggies are afraid of thunder and some aren't? Miss Ginger paid no attention to storms at all, but Joey hates them. We loved seeing the chickens too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is innerestin why sum doggies get stressed an uther don't with the big noises. I sure can't figgur it out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We feel bad for Tux! Our great sister Stormy used to be storm-phobic. Yes, Mom realizes the irony.
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete