Thursday, July 10, 2014

Take it away, Tux!

So the uther day that barkinest Westie, deep in the heart o' Texas, yur pal an mine, Whitley , nom-ee-nated me fur a Shine On 'ward. Thank yu Whitley fur thinkin of me.
Now there wuz sum rules an such bout nom-ee-natin uther pals which I am gonna purdy much ignore. Jus cause this is my doggy bloggy thingy an I can do that.
I am gonna  demand ask nice fur a cookie. That's one rule I like!

Anywho, jus the uther day afore Whitley's 'ward, Mr. Jack Freckles had sended me a Liebster 'ward.
Since I had jus answered those questions an since I am a nice pup, (well, I am), I decided to let Tux do the dealios fur the Shine On 'ward. I mean, I got me a bloggy thingy but Tux don't even really have a "voice". Yu know whut I mean? I got a voice. PuffyCat and ScooterCat got voices. EllieCat gots a voice. But GeorgieCat an SamCat an Tux don't really got their inner voices. Yu know whut I mean, right? I wunner why sum of us got the voices an sum of us don't. I also wunner why when I go outside an turn round on the doorstep an come back inside, I don't get a cookie. Sumtimes it wurks, sumtimes it don't wurk. An I wunner why burds suddenly appear efurry time yu are near.

Ok, where wuz I?
Right, I'm gonna let Tux do the 7 random facts 'bout his self.
Take it away Tux. Jus so's yu know, he talks regular like. I guess cause he don't got that inner voice thing.

Hello. I am Tux.
1. This was my Petfinder picture. Yes, I was dropped off at a shelter in Wyoming, with my good friend, Bubba. We were part of a bigger family of Labrador Retrievers. Things were getting out of hand for our owner, so he got rid of us. But my wonderful furever family adopted me and Bubba went to live the ranch life somewhere in Wyoming. It turned out all good.

2.  I am about 7 and a half now! Wow, I have lived with my family for 5 years.

3. Being part Retriever, I LOVE to retrieve the tennis balls my family throws. Here is a short video showing my style. It's simple but it works. The hand you see throwing the ball is my skinbro. He has grown up and is in the Air Force now. Oh, and the white Mini Schnauzer is Drover. He has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.

video


3. When Dad and Mom picked up Zoe and I from the Pet Lodge, the worker guy told them I wouldn't go out or come in unless Zoe was right there with me. You see, she was getting groomed and that's when I wouldn't got outside to play or then come back inside for a rest. She rules me.

4. Speaking of which, unless it's Only me right there when a bite of food is on the floor, I won't take it. I leave it for Zoe. I'm nice like that. And she's mean. She thinks Everything is for her.

5. We have several deer antlers to chew on. I find it relaxing to gnaw on one every so often. Until Zoe stares at me and takes it away.

6. Speaking of staring. I do the Jedi Mind Trick with tennis balls. Here's how it works. I put the tennis ball down about two feet away from me. I stare at it. Then the person closest to the ball picks it up and throws it for me! Works almost every time! And Mom had just found a picture of me demonstrating the Jedi Mind Trick and right now she can't find it! I'll have her keep looking and we'll add it later.

7. Even though I am a marshmallow around my family, I take protecting our place very seriously. I have been know to nip at people when they are in our yard. I have a ferocious bark and teeth to back up the bark if needed.

So there are seven random about me. Thank you for your time.



29 comments:

  1. Hi TUX.... you did a super job with answering the hard questions... and I (Ernie) gotta say.... I can SO relate to your answer to #4. Frankie is just like Zoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ernie, I find it's much easier to just back off and let Zoe have her way. She little but she's Mighty little.

    Tux - the pushover

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading about you, Tux!
    You are a handsome dude! And a gentleman-doggy too, letting ladies furst, BOL!

    Hope to keep getting to know ya better & better.

    Hi to Zoe, and all your kitties! Hey, do you evfur snuggle with a kitty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Freckles! I love the kitty cats, if they love me back. SamCat and I are snuggle buddies. And the outside PuffyCat always schmoozes with me.

      Tux (Kitty cat pal)

      Delete
    2. Hooray! Kitties need good pups. I want to get closer to mine but Pipo espawsially won't allow it. Shucks, I miss my bed snuggle furend, Toki!

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed learning about you Tux! You have a pawsome home now! Glad you have found your inner voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a pawsome home now!

      Tux (loving life)

      Delete
  5. veree nice ta lurn mor bout ewe tux...we enjoyed reedin yur bio N we gived yur mewvie 984 paws UP !!! hi zoe we sorta kinda saw ewe a bit ta de side...sorree stuffz dinna werk in yur furst place but way happee they did heer !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tabbies! How do you feel about doggies? I know I would like you.

      Tux (happy dog)

      Delete
  6. Tux, we're so happy you found your forever family. One that loves to throw the ball for you!

    XXXOOO Bella Roxy & Dui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Mom has a gadget called a Chuck-It and that helps her throw the ball better. She does throw like a girl.

      Tux (will chase Any tennis ball)

      Delete
  7. Tux, it was nice to get to know more about you! Most of the time I (Greta) get my way with the toys, but look out for Hazel at dinner time.
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But how about Mr. Bailey? I wonder if you two girls rule him?

      Tux (happy with being the bottom of the heap)

      Delete
  8. It was so nice to hear from you Tux. I hate to say it but I am just like Zoe, I run everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You girls seem to like to boss things. But you are so good at your jobs.

      Tux (not even second in command, no command)

      Delete
  9. Hi Tux - you and I sound a lot alike. We were/are both controlled by dominant females - BOL, BOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's right Puff. There seems to be no lack of dominant females.

      Tux (submissive personality)

      Delete
  10. Hey Tux, great to learn more bout ya! Hope ya got da cookie for doin da questions and didn't let Zoe steal it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Whitley, Mom is always very fair with the cookies. But I let Zoe get any crumbs that might fall.

      Tux (not good at cleaning the floors)

      Delete
  11. Thanks fur talkin' to us, Tux! and lettin' us get to know ya a lil bit better.. And thanks, Zoe, for stoppin' barkin' long enuff fur him to get a bark in edgewise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zoe says she taught me everything!

    Tux (who now barks almost as much as Zoe)

    ReplyDelete
  13. G'day Tux ...... good to hear from you, mate! I hope I can be a gentleman like you when I grow up. You have such good manners, aye??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I do have good manners for being a country dog. I am a nervous sort, I bet you are too.

      Tux (calm at the moment)

      Delete
  14. Aw Tux, you sure are a sweetheart. I'm glad we got to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Zoe insists on me being a sweetheart! Bol!

      Tux (good boy)

      Delete
  15. OMD, Tux! Yu r a fetchin' macheen, dood! I r weal gud at fetch, tu, 'cept I r nod tu gud wif da dwoppin' it part an' I heer dat r kinda cwuu-shul!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a machine LWD. And yeah, the best part is dropping the ball so the peeps can throw it for you. Again and Again.

      Tux (the fetching machine)

      Delete
  16. You did great Tux you provided a lot of good stuff about ya. You sound like a solid kind of a guy.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sully. I am a solid guy, usually. I do have a nervous streak and run around and have a great high-pitched whine when I need to get outside to protect the yard.

      Delete