Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Coyote!

Barked one real good this mornin! I wuz up on OP Zoe when I first saw the critter. He wuz headin to go 'round the east side of my place.
Startin barkin - a lot. Tux jumped up on OP Zoe an started barkin.
Mommy let us outside.
Now 'member, my yard is fenced. We ran ofur there, still barkin, o' course.
That coyote had crossed the road by then an wuz runnin through the neighbor's pasture.
The nerve o him! He stopped an turned to look at me an Tux! He went a lil bit farther an turned an looked again. He wasn't in any rush.
We wuz still barkin at him to high-tail it outta there.
He turned tail an started to mosey off. Mommy had us come inside. We got cookies.
Durn coyote. Don't come 'round here no more.

* Mommy here. I could have gotten a great picture of the dogs barking at the coyote. But I didn't want to risk coming back in for the camera. Even with a tall fence between them, I just didn't trust that coyote to not come "too close".*

18 comments:

  1. We would much rather everyone be safe so no picture was necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dogs, so much excitement! Don't ya just love the rush of barking and chasing off the bad guys, Arooo. The Dingoes (a blue and red heeler) sometimes sneak into our pasture and try to eat all my cow patties. I just go bat poop crazy which drives mom crazy.....I love it.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yu got yur very own cow patties? Wow! Evfurryone will be all inveeus of yu!
      I bark up the rood neighbor dogs too if they Dare to go past My place.

      Delete
  3. Barking is so much doggy delight to me too!
    But why do the peeps not appawsiate it?

    We sometimes see coyotes here, too...they want to snag chickens at the neighbors'...foxes too. I think the coyotes would get their wish sooner than a foxy though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's why, when Mommy has chickens, they stay in their own yard. No free range. But she's nefur had any "disappear" either.

      Delete
  4. Good job barkin dat coyote! We has dem in our neighborhood - da peeps has seen dem but I never has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one wuz on the smaller side, musta been a pup.

      Delete
  5. Yep, Daddy saw two of dem coyotes right across da street in the early morning (it were still dark) and Momma saw one running through da nayborhood right in broad daylight!! You bark 'em good, Zoe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where there is one coyote, there are usually a few others laying in wait, so good idea to not come in and get the camera. Good job with the barking, Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow a coyote...that is so cool!
    Great security Zoe, you are on top of that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. zoe....ewe N tux iz ON paw troll.....bet thatz de last ewe see oh de cuy oh tee two.....had him runnin ya did...N stay de *&^% a way frum de fence we hope ya toll him....ewe got that rite ..... him had sum kinda nerve....bass terd coyote

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fair dinkum?????????? A coyote!!!! Are they REAL dangerous? Id sure like to see one of those blokes but if they are that dangerous I s'pose it's not a good idea to go runnin' after the camera. You and Tux seem to have it all under control though, aye??

    ReplyDelete
  10. We thought we signed up to follow you Zoe but you do not show up for us.
    we will try again
    more rain today ugh
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet yu can hear me barkin! They're plantin spuds right across the road frum My place! Lots of big tractors, trucks and stuff! 'Cept fur the rain, it's almost purfect!

      Delete
  11. Zoe-we never trust those critters! They will run right through the ranch yard...They will grab small pups and kitty kats....I'm never outside by myself....
    Keep scaring the coyotes off your turf! have a pawtastic weekend,hugs,mazy

    ReplyDelete