Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Barkin at Potatoes

Ok, so yu furs know that I live in Idunno, famous fur it's potatoes, spuds, taters. Whutever. An I live out in the country an there are fields 'round my place.
Spud fields this year. Well, there's sum wheat growin cross the road. But ofur there an right next to my place this year is gonna be spuds. That's whut the locals call 'em. Spuds.

An it is spud plantin time o' year.
Lemme tell yu, there is sum big ol' quipment they use when they're plantin.

Alla this stuff was parked right ofur there to the west of my place.







Good barkin! All this stuff had been used to plant the field on the uther side of the road. Same outfit wuz gonna plant that field so they parked all the quipment there.
Then it rained. I guess they can't plant their spuds in the mud. So the quipment sat there ofur the weekend.





I kept my eyes on that stuff. I kinda got used to seein it ofur there an din't bark it so much.





But yesserday, all the workers drivin white pick-em-up trucks showed up. Good barkin then.

They hadta finish up the field cross the road first. Here's one of the deals goin by OP Zoe. Yep, efun a guy rides up there to keep an eye on those spuds in that big red thingy.





An then they worked in the field to the west o' my place. Finished it all up. Took away alla the quipment.
Now it's all empty ofur there. I can see alla way down to the nosy neighbor's place.
I did bark a lil coyote guy an a hen pheasant this mornin. I can see better now but I sure like to bark those worker peepoles. Now the lil men will come round to set out the irrigation pipe. I will bark them up real good.
Always sumfin good to bark at round here.

25 comments:

  1. Spuds is good eatin' do you get to pick you some?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I don't think those spuds is ready to eat yet. But next fall I'll have Daddy go get me sum outta the field! Mmmmm, smashed taters!

      Delete
    2. I thought you were moving...are you sure you will still be there NEXT FALL?

      Delete
    3. Well, Daddy don't get retired 'til 2015. But there is sumfin in the works. I May not be here in Idunno next fall! :-0!
      Daddy will still get us sum taters, no matter whut!

      Delete
  2. They planted spuds in the field below our house! Good barkin' at all that.
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lotsa big quipment to plant a lil spud, huh Pugs? Bol!

      Delete
  3. oh yummers! When those are all ready send some my way! Mashed potatos are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do Wes! Affer they get the spuds outta the ground in the fall, peepoles can go out an gather up the spuds that got left ahind. Gotta get 'em afore they freeze though. But they are oh-so-good when they are real fresh!

      Delete
  4. zoe...nothin better N spuds...tern em into friez N now yur talkin good !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fries! Don't get those, they'd give me pantiartightus or sumfin. But bakeded spuds taste good! Yum!

      Delete
  5. OMD! It r a weguwar BARKAPAWOOZA at yur pwace, Zoe! Dis day I barkded at da mailguy AN' at da UPS guy. woo-hoo...Can yu tell I r bein' sarcasmik??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Z! Nuthin rong with barkin at the mailguy An the brown truck guy! Double good! Yu city pups jus got different stuff to bark than us lil country pups.

      Delete
  6. Good barkin Zoe! Bet dose taters is tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yu'd like barkin at alla stuff round here Whit.

      Delete
  7. I have to bark really loud at that brown truck too, even if its just driving by...

    Spuds are evfur so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yu are a doggie affer my own heart. Bark on!

      Delete
  8. I would probably be wagging my tail at seeing all those trucks. I just don't bark much. Now taters are pawsome. I like to dig them up and eat them. Mom says I shouldn't do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, diggin up the spuds would get yu in trubble round here. Plus, Mommy says they probly have sum kem i culs on 'em. That'd be bad fur yu.

      Delete
    2. Hey Buddy, whut do the farmers round yur place grow? Wheat I bet, an whut else?

      Delete
    3. Around me most farmers plant canola. They usually plant canola one year and the next year plant something different. It is bad to continually plant canola year after year. When they aren't planting canola they plant lentils, or mustard (did you know Saskatchewan is the world's supplier of mustard seed!) and Saskatchewan also produces most of the world's lentils?!

      Delete
  9. When the spuds are ready for harvest why don't we all meet at your place and harvest a few of them before they are all taken away by the humans? We can have a real spud party at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All we gots to bark today wuz da yard guys dat came to mow 'cross da street... I thinks I slept through the mailman today. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zoe, I gave ya da Sunshine Award-- it are given to pups we admire... read about it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crikey Zoe ..... you and Tux are sure having an interesting time with the spud planting episode! All that action ..... It's good to see you keeping your eye on the procedures!

    ReplyDelete