Monday, February 24, 2014

Come on a walk with Me

Come on along on a walk with Me, Tux and Daddy. Let's go on the bestest place 'cause there's no cars or trucks to watch out fur. We'll head down to the river, it's called the Snake.

Once we get out of the yard, let's head north on our driveway. See how flat evfurrything is? That's why I can see fur a long ways and bark at stuff a mile ofur there! We'll take a left at that big post at the end of the driveway. Follow Me.

Then we'll make a few turns. We gotta walk around My place on account o' because there's no gate fur us to go through. Now we're headed 'round south to where my bestest walk is. We'll jus' follow the lil road along now. The road is fur the lil men who irrigate the fields to drive on. In summer time, the road gets busy. But not now.
This is a neighbor's house. They have 2 LWDs! One is named Scooter and the other is named sumfin I can't 'member. See how the field has those bumpy rows fixed? The farmers do this in the fall time when they are gonna plant those famous Idunno taters in the spring. Sumfin 'bout it holds the moisture. But we din't have much snow so's there's not much moisture to hold onto. And barkin at the farmers' great big tractors is The Thing To Do, lemme me tell ya!


We keep walkin along the lil road. It's not purdy this time of year but there's always sumfin to smell! An' go ahead, poop anywheres yu like. Nobuddy will holler at yu.

Now we haveta go through a gate. Daddy will open and close it fur us. Always leave a gate the way yu found it. If it's open, leave it open. If it's closed, leave it closed. This looks like Tux is tangled in the barbed wire. He's not. That's the part of the gate that fits ofur the post to keep it closed.


This looks all brown and borin to yur pawrents I bet. But lemme tell ya, sniff 'round! Wunnerful smells, huh? Bunnies live 'round here. We've seen porcupines an' deers. Smell those coyotes and racoonies and otters? If yur quick, yu can grab a poop snack frum the smorgasboard!


We could keep on goin, close to the river an' see sum gooses, duckes and maybe efun an eagle or other big hawk bird.
But the camera's battery went kaput. No more piccies on this walk. Let's jus' turn 'round an' head back to My place.
We can come on nuther walk sumtime when it starts greenin up. It's real purdy then. Maybe we'll see sum critters too!
Til next time!

14 comments:

  1. Zoe, thanks for the walkabout! I was wondering where your snow was, but I guess it is all gone! Lucky you! I lubs sneaking a bit of deer or goose or coyote or rabbit or whatever poo during my walks. Mom says I need to cut down on that though! Do you roll in the poo? I lubs and lubs to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've nefur tried rollin in the poop stuff, Buddy. Sure feels good to roll in the dry, brown grass in My yard though. An' I'm a magnet fur the stuff. I bring in half the yard. bol!

      Delete
    2. A great way to get interesting reactions from the peep who finds you after a good roll, is to make sure lots of it gets into the neck furs and maybe even the collar. I don't has much furs but my neck ruff is a lot thicker than the rest...

      Delete
  2. Rolling in poo is wonderfur to make you smell better! Its like camoflauge!

    I like to nom on horsey doo-doo and goat kibbies. Bunnies leavegood ones, too, yup you already know all about that!
    Goose poos...I give those wide berth, BOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll sure give that poop-rollin a try. Wunner what I can find fur starters?

      Delete
  3. Dis r a GWATE idea, Zoe!! Momma an' me, Zaidie, r gonna go fur a walk ('cept nod dis bery cold an' BERY, B-E-R-Y windy day) an' I r gonna take pichurs ob all da way kewl stuffs I see on my walks!

    I always twy tu woll in stuff, bud my pawents r tu fass. Dem seem tu kno' dat when I start wowerin' my head tu da gwound, I r weady tu WOLL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dat wash fun! I ish excited to go fur another walk wif yew when Spring arrives, because den we ish PURRably gonna see me and my brofur Roger's favorite thing - birdies! I didn't see any aliens on our walk, so I ish glad to know yew dun have any of dose in Idunno.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow - now we can say we visited Idaho - Great walk Zoe and Tux. Momma and daddy took a walk around our place today and momma will post a couple of pictures on my blog tonight.

    Puffy says rolling around in poo is great fun but personally I would much rather eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These bloggys is so much 'bout the piccies and this is such a blah time o' the year. But fur sure, when it greens up, yu can all come along again.
    I don't think I will be 'loud to roll in stuff unless I am very sneaky 'bout it. Like Z, I get watched like a hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ZOE!!! You have OTTERS near your house?!?! OMD, Momma is SQUEALING like crazy!! Momma loves loves LOVES otters and wants to adopt one for me to play with. Daddy says that's stupid, we don't have anywhere to keep an otter, but Momma still wants one!! maybe you can send me one and I can give it to her for her birthday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh. idunno Fizz. Those otter critters have sum long, sharp dagger claws. I don't think they'd make a good playmate.
      But I can have the PuffCat look fur one fur ya. But 'cept he might, uh, eat most of it.

      Delete
    2. Oh, well, um...PuffCat can keep whatever he finds. Momma's been plotting for years on how to "adopt" one from the zoo...

      Delete
  8. Crikey Zoe ...we get to go on your walks with you .... what fun! I went for a walk with Coco Rose and Puffy earlier. How good is this????? I'm never going to get to the UNITED STATES but I am getting to go with all you blokes. This is really exciting!! Your place looks just like country Australia but no leaves on the trees. Our gum trees ALWAYS have leaves. Horrible messy trees those gum trees. Always dropping something.
    Mum sure would like to see some of those coyotes AND otters ..... she reckons they are VERY cute even though she has only ever seen them at the zoo. She LOVES critters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your place looks like it got lotsa good barkin and sniffin to do.

    ReplyDelete