Monday, January 27, 2014

Yarn craziness!


 Ok, so's I tol' ya a bit 'bout how it's all 'bout the yarn stuff 'round here. Mommy is always crochetin sumfin. I can't get away from it. That giant hat I showed ya a picture of? Down there in my Weirdness and Wrongness entry? Yeah, well, it's not that big anymore. I'm gonna show ya how it had the shrinky dinky stuff happen in the hot waters. But I wanna show ya more of the crochet junk. Hats, scarf thingys, afghans. I'm surrounded and can't get away!


 
Help! Get me outta all this stinkin crochet!


And since Sissor don't live here anymore, she moved to Miss Oula's place for her job, now they yak on the phone 'bout the yarn. I hear stuff like this:

So, what are ya knittin now? How's the sweater comin? Oh, ya frogged it. I tried a new stitch today. Don't try that in your kitchen sink. Front loadin washer doesn't work as well. 100% wool. Feltin is fun. Kool Aid dye. Need more crocheted cactus for your new desk? Baby alpaca. Needle felted Schnauzer.

Pups, it goes on and on. Blah, blah, blah. 

There are lots of peepoles out there that gots the yarn addiction sickness too. But sum of them are doin sum good. Check out this article.

Yarn bombed statues in Ottawa

Ya see, yarn bombin is yarn graffiti. Google it for more 'xamples. At least sumbody up there in the cold Cananada place is trying help others.
And in that case, I guess yarn ain't all bad.
But in Mommy's case it's like crack.

15 comments:

  1. My momma also crochets and knits. She has taken a break from that because she is trying to finish a cross stitich she started before the Titantic sank. It is on 22 count aida and is a picture of a Victorian Christmas scene. I will have her put a picture on my blog. She century she may actually finish it.

    My mom would love to see more projects your mom has done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! That long for the x stitch! Mommy says way back when she did counted x stitch. She could only handle tiny projects though. Sure wanna see your Mom's work. Maybe that can be her motivation to finish.

      Delete
  2. Our mommas is addicted, too... just da other day, more yarn came from a place called Gnome Acres... and they's been talking about dying their own yarn in da future..and cross-stitch, well, my Momma used to do that but now Whit's momma duz it... and she does giant ones of horses and stuff... they's always got sumthin' in their hands at night when dey's watchin' da tv... and they could be rubbin' my belly instead! Hummmph.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh-oh, I can't let Mommy go lookin at that Gnome Acres site.
      Dang-r-ooze!

      Delete
  3. We are seeing more of your Mommy's face. Next time just pull that scarf down at the last minute! BOL! My Mommy and I have a similar picture to what you have with your Mommy. I will try to find it and post it. We have a friend who knits mitts and scarves all year and then donates them at Christmas to be put into Christmas hampers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Momma doesn't know how to knit or crochet, but she wants to learn. Momma does all the other crafty stuff, though. She usually hurts herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bol! Poor Fizzy, havin to live in all that danger! Bol!

      Delete
  5. I don't mind the yarn - it's fun to bat around!!

    -Travis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you ever sits on da yarn your momma are knittin? I do dat all da time - make her pay attention to ME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well PURRsonally, I does that all dah time - in fact, I lays on it and make happy paws on it too - why does Meowmy not aPURReciate that?! Eeesh! Yew knows Zoe, yer Mom might like to do what mine does wif her yarn addiction, and make blankies fur animals in shelters - wif all thish cold weather, they really needs them right now too. But make sure you tests them all out beFUR she donates them, and if you PURRticularly likes one, lay on it, refuse to get up and yew might try some growlin' too - dat way she will totally get the picture . Humans ish furry slow witted and yew gots to deal wif them wif a lot of patience and by keeping things furry, furry simple like dat. Anything more complicate and dey ish lost.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has made sum blankies in the past for shelter kitties. Now she crochets hats and scarves that a lady distributes to shelters and stuff.
      Gotta keep those hooks movin!

      Delete
    2. Tell her to make yew a kewl lookin' shweater - yew'd look pawshome in one of dose! My Meowm hash no idea about crochetin', thank catnessh - I dun even wants to fink about how more terrible it'd be aound here if she knew how to do dat on top on knowin' on how to knit - Me and RB would neFUR PURRably even get fed or anythin' - it beed really bad at our house wif that yarn sthuff and we dreads when Joanne's FURbrics hash their online yarn sales. I means, it'sh kewl when dose pawshome big cardboard boxes arrives here from dere, because me and Roger makes 'em into kitty condos, but what good ish all dis yarn if we ish not allowed to roll around in it?! She is so rood!

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. No thanks for sweaters. I got a couple coats to wear when it gets real cold. No stinkin clothes for me.
      Argh, don't let your Mom know, Joanns has got up to 40% all yarn today only!
      And Mommy ordered sum yarn yesserday from anuther place. It nefur ends!

      Delete
  8. I wuff dat pichur up dere, Zoe!! BOLBOLBOL!!
    My Momma r nod cwaftee, nod ONE bit!! Hur Momma can du anyfing, bud Momma an' hur sistur?? NOD!! Hur finks da cwaftee gene skipped a generwayshun or sumfing!

    ReplyDelete