Friday, January 24, 2014

Well, that was toadally Rood


So, I got up this mornin. We get up at real early o'clock 'cause Daddy has to be to work early too.

I get up and have my breakfast. Then I go out to "privacy please" and hurry back in. Take a snooze and digest in front of the wood stove or on Brother's bed while Mommy dinks 'round on her laptop.
This mornin, I was on the bed. No GeorgieCat so I got the top bunk.
I heard Mommy openin up the blinds at the big window in the livin room.
Time to go to work. I am head of ranch security. I even got me a award to prove it. Thank you Whitley!
Hmm, I'd show it to ya but I don't know how to post sumfin from Photobucket on this doggy bloggy thingy.

Anywho, this is where I do my indoor security work. I got me my very own Love-Seat-Look-Out at the big window in the livin room. This look-out spot is usually known as OP Zoe. That stands for Operational Post Zoe. I know those soldier type acne-ro-nims cause my Daddy is in the National Guard thing.
Here I am at work, sumtime else cause our grass ain't green right now. It's all dry and brown. And plus I don't hardly never get to go out to the front yard like is showin in the pictures. I stay safe in my fenced backyard. I can do a heap o' security work from out there too.
But on with this mornin and gettin the rood treatment.
When I heard the blinds gettin opened I went to work. Hopped up on the back of OP Zoe and started barkin.
Hey, it's what I do.
Mommy e-meed-e-at-lee started hollerin at me. Told me it was still dark. Told me I couldn't possibly be seein anything to bark at.
Then she really went rood.
She closed the blinds.
Well!

I tell you what. I Can see stuff. It weren't that dark. It's real flat 'round my place and I can lit-r-al-ee see for miles. I can see cars and trucks an stuff way ofur there in 3 directions from my look-out spot.
See what I mean? Toadally rood.
Humph. She won't keep the blinds closed for all day.
I'll just get started a lil later.


19 comments:

  1. I know just how you feel Zoe, un apre seeated! The other night I jumped off the sofa and ran to the fireplace (nothen there but ashes). I start sniffen furiously then run to the back door. Mom lets me out and I run around barking my cute head off. She comes out and laughs! The nerve! Just cause she can't see anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh! Milton, whud ya smell in those ashes? I bet you smelled sumfin good and went out to keep on smellin and barkin!
      Good job!

      Delete
  2. You just need to tell your momma that keeping the place safe is more important than having quiet around the house!

    Hey Zoe... I have a question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, whut is yur question?
      Hmm, must be top secret or sumfin.

      Delete
  3. You could always move here with Puffy and me because momma usually doesn't have on her bionic ears so she doesn't hear most of our barking - of course, daddy is another issue - BOL, BOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. No ears but I bet she can see yur lips a-flappin while you bark!
      Bol!

      Delete
  4. Zoe, yu r blowin' dis bwog-fing OUTTA DA WATER, sweet gurl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Z. Still waitin for your doggy bloggy to get up and runnin. ;-)
      And yes, it isn't too hard. Ya gotta be brave and sniff 'round in the settins place.
      You can do it!

      Delete
  5. I know what it to be unappreciated, Zoe! I brought momma a nice, smelly dead mouse today and was she happy -- NOOO! Keep up the awesome guard girl friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh! What I wouldn't give for a nice, smelly dead mousie!

      Delete
  6. Hey Zoe. While not a dog that endorses early morning OP anypup control, I have been known to let out a bark from under the covers for no reason when it is still o'dark-thirty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Scooter, that's a start. :-)

      Delete
  7. You are doing a great job on the bloggy thing Zoe. I think I need to hire your Mommy to do mine to! That was rude of your Mommy to shut the window. Your house needs security! Is your grass really all brown? Don't you have the white stuff all over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, none of that white stuff right now. All melted. Jus' dry brown grass that feels oh so good to roll in and get covered in and bring it in the house.

      Delete
  8. What are it with mommas who are not appreciative of our guard duty??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, why do they have us dogs? Jus' doin our jobs, eh?

      Delete
    2. Wish I could bark like that Zoe .... I just don't seem to have it in me but Mum reckons my habits are worse than barking. If I spot anything in the middle of the night (like cane toads or possums) I just go and sit right beside Mum's side of the bed and whine my cute little whine and stare at her until she wakes up. She reckons I scare the living daylights out of her with my wake up NOW stare!! Too funny ... she wakes up with quite a start. I keep on whining and staring until she lets me go outside to check everything out. She thinks I need pwivacy pwease but I never do. Just want to check everything out!!!!

      Delete
    3. Whinin, huh?
      Whud efur works for ya I guess, then stick with it.

      Me? I'm a barker.

      Delete